Sunday, April 18, 2010

This Week

This week in Reading, we will be beginning the second story of Unit 6, "Jim Thorpe's Bright Path." It is a wonderful story. Please be sure to read it with your children and ask them questions as you read with them.

In Science, we will continue with our Motion and Design Unit. I will be posting pictures of our AMSTI in action from throughout the year.

In Math, we will finish our studying of coordinate grids & points. The students actually created their own towns on a coordinate grid before we left for our break. They turned out really great!!! I will be assessing them in two different ways this week. We then go on to measurement.

In Alabama History, we are studying the Civil War. The students are creating a file to keep forever!! It will be something that they can hang on to for years to come and refer back to later in their education.

As always, we have a busy week coming up!!! It is important to be in school each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi 4th Grade Class!
    I always enjoy hearing about ALL of you and how hard Mrs. Hurst makes you work. She tells me how much she loves you all and what a great time she has teaching you! I enjoyed reading your blog. I am going to 'bookmark' it so I can check it out every day! Ms. Anderson, otherwise known as Mother to Mrs. Hurst and "Grammy" to DJ and Zach!

    ReplyDelete